Inner Moray Firth Local Development Plan: Main Issues Report
Thank you to the many that have already commented. However, if you have not then I write to inform you that we are extending the deadline for comments on the Main Issues Report up to 5pm on Friday 30th April. We have received several requests for an extension to allow for the pandemic’s impact on how and when people can comment. We also recognise that an online only consultation has presented challenges for some and so list below some tips on how best to read and comment on the Main Issues Report.
Top 10 Tips On How Best To Read And Comment On The Main Issues Report.
- Please comment via our consultation portal as explained in this short easy-watch video. To comment then first you must register but then you can comment on as many matters as you wish without the need for putting pen to paper, keeping copies of letters sent or spending money on postage.
- Please note that if you’ve registered to comment on a planning application then that’s separate to commenting on a development plan so you’ll need to create a new account.
- The registration page header gives you the option to register via Twitter and Facebook OR register normally entering your details in the spaces provided on that initial page. Most people will use this latter option.
- You will be sent an email which contains a link that you need to click on to activate your registration. Please do this within one hour of receiving the email. You will have to navigate back to the Main Issues Report consultation ‘home’ page if you haven’t left that open in your browser.
- Register as an Agent if you are making comments on behalf of one or more clients. Everyone else should register as a Consultee.
- Laptop and desktop computers are far better than tablets or mobile phones for browsing the Report and making comments.
- If you prefer reading the Report as a fixed, book-like document then there’s a PDF version of the Report available .
- To make a comment, navigate to the part of the Report that you wish to comment on and then click on the ‘Add Comment’ button next to that section.
- Many people find it easier to prepare their comments in a Word (or similar) file and then copy and paste them into the comments box when it appears.
- If you want to upload several documents such as photos to illustrate your opinions then please combine all supporting files into a single PDF or a zip file. There’s no file size limit.
If you are in contact with any person who wishes to comment but has no way of accessing the internet then they can phone 01349 886608 and ask to speak to a Development Plans officer to discuss the plan and have sent out a paper copy extract of any part of the document that interests them together with a paper copy comments form for them to fill in and return by post.
Thank you for your interest
Development Plans Team
Infrastructure and Environment Service, Highland Council, Glenurquhart Rd, Inverness IV3 5NX