The number of confirmed cases of COVID in Highland have risen again, and include an increase in the number of cases of the new variant Omicron. Please be extra cautious and follow government guidance in order to limit the spread of the virus. This week’s briefing is attached and contains information on:
- The current numbers of COVID cases across Highland
- Summaries of briefings from the First Minister this week – including an announcement today on changes to self-isolation rules.
- Details of asymptomatic and symptomatic testing .
- A separate briefing on winter readiness which includes key contact number and details of winter welfare support. A one page summary of key numbers is also attached.
- SSEN Distribution to provide enhanced support to customers and communities affected by Storm Arwen (press release attached).
- Met office Yellow Warning for high winds over the weekend.
The briefing is accompanied by yesterday’s press release from Public Health Scotland urging the public to defer having Christmas parties.
Finally, you may be aware that The Highland Council today agreed proposals to provide almost £3m to help households in fuel poverty in Highland. We shall provide you with further details in due course https://www.highland.gov.uk/news/article/14220/council_agrees_support_for_households_living_in_fuel_poverty.
Rosemary Mackinnon on behalf of
Head of Service (Community Support and Engagement)