Welcome to The Highland Council’s fortnightly briefing for groups with an interest in local community resilience.
Covid related information
- Scottish Government Covid-19 Guidance
- NHS Inform Covid data
- NHS Inform Covid information and guidance
- NHS Highland local vaccination information
SCVO is a key source of funding information for the third sector https://scvo.scot/funding. Funds that may be of interest include:
- Caithness & North Sutherland Fund
Funds projects which increase the attractiveness of Caithness & North Sutherland as a place to live, work, and invest in. Next deadline 30 September 2022.
- Crown Estate Scotland – Community Capacity Grants Programme
Provides early-stage financial support for community enterprise projects contributing to local regeneration and sustainable development. Next deadline 19 September 2022.
- Cairngorms National Park Authority – Outdoor Learning Travel Grant
Supports Schools and community groups making educational visits to the Cairngorms National Park. Applications can be made at any time.
Let’s Do Net Zero Community Buildings Fund
New funding is now available from the Scottish Government’s Community and Renewable Energy Scheme (CARES). The fund aims to support community organisations to reduce their building energy costs and carbon emissions.
The Let’s Do Net Zero Community Buildings Fund is open now and is planned to run until the end of March 2025, subject to funding availability.
Funding is available for many types of community building, including:
- community cafes
- community hubs
- faith buildings
- public halls
- community halls and centres.
Grant funding is available for up to 80% of eligible costs up to a maximum of £80,000.
Find out more.
Welfare, poverty reduction and resilience
- WhatsApp Scam Messages – attached is a message from the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau with a warning about an increase in a scam where victims are contacted by criminals impersonating someone they know. This scam has already resulted in over £1.5m reported losses.
- Ofgem’s RIIO-ED2 Draft Determination – Attached is an email from SSEN encouraging stakeholders to take part in the consultation Ofgem are running on the Draft Determination until August 25. The Draft Determination lays out what funding will be available for gas and electricity companies to make improvements to their services for customers.
- CyberScotland Monthly Update – Attached is CyberScotlands latest news which includes information on staying in control of personal data and third sector cyber resilience.
- CyberScotland Bulletin July – Rounds up any cyber security information from the last month. Topics include a new briefing pack for cyber resilience, holiday cyber-attacks, and sharing the free copy of the little book of big scams.
Mental Health and Wellbeing
- NHS Highland Mental Wellbeing – a collection of resources and signposts to help people of all ages to look after their own mental wellbeing
- Met Office Weather Warnings https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-warnings#?date=2022-07-28
- Met Office Weather Ready https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/weatherready
- Floodline Scotland https://floodlinescotland.org.uk/
- Ready Scotland – preparing for emergencies https://ready.scot/