I hope you have all had a good week. There appears to be some cautious grounds for optimism and there will be some lifting of protective measures that were introduced before Christmas from next week. However, care should be taken when interpreting data as the Scottish Government has made some changes to how data is presented, additionally there have been some delays with test results. Please continue to follow government guidance in order to limit the spread of the virus.
This week’s briefing is attached and contains information on:
- The current numbers of COVID cases across Highland (please note comments about the changes to published data).
- Details of asymptomatic and symptomatic testing, and vaccinations centres.
- Opportunities to represent your local community with interim Community Council Elections
- An introductory video to Community Resilience from the Council’s Community Resilience team
- Money Counts courses levels 1 and 2
- Public Health Scotland online public health learning hub
- Support in Mind’s Rural Community Engagement Fund
- CORRA Foundation Winter Support Small Grants Fund
- Highland hospitality business invited to apply for funding
- Young Persons’ (Under 22s) Free Bus Travel Scheme
on behalf of
Head of Community Support and Engagement